- On Monday 1 June, 2020, the Government issued new guidance regarding grassroots football and informal football activity outside of the professional game.
- Football clubs can now arrange training sessions in small groups of five players with one coach and a second staff member being present and available to assist. However, players and coaches must maintain social distancing at all times, with no physical contact allowed.
- Clubs must first carry out a documented risk assessment before any activity takes place, and all players (parents for those under 18) and coaches must give prior written consent to take part.
- Strict hygiene measures must be in place for all shared equipment and hands must be sanitised before and after all activity.
- Cullercoats FC Management Team met on Tuesday 2 June, 2020, in order to discuss outlines plans to return to training.
- The Senior section (adults only) will resume training at Links Avenue with effect from Saturday 6 June, 2020.
- The Management Team will discuss a risk assessment and implementation plan for all other teams at a further meeting on Tuesday 9 June, 2020.
- The Club Secretaries will subsequently publish a strict interim training schedule, with specified time slots, which must be followed at all times.
- Further information will be provided on Wednesday 10 June, 2020, with a view to resuming training for younger teams at the earliest ‘safe’ opportunity – it is anticipated that this will take effect for all younger teams from July 1, 2020.
- The participation of players, coaches and staff will be on a purely voluntary basis, whereby people are free to join training sessions, or continue to isolate for personal or medical reasons.