NWL project webpage can be found here www.nw-northcullercoatsproject.co.uk.
NWL met with CFC committee members last night. Key points are that:
- NWL have revised their infrastructure proposals to avoid installation of ground level man hole covers on lower 9 a-side pitch.
- 2 remaining manhole covers will be placed on the 9 a-side pitch and will be sunk to circa 0.5m below ground level and turfed over. Future access will be for emergencies only.
- CFC are in the process of appointing a pitch specialist to carry out a condition survey of the pitches and to provide a turf specification which NWL will utilise to reinstate the pitches.
- The nearest pedestrian crossing on the Broadway will be temporarily closed during the works at the junction and re-located further north (immediately past Links Avenue junction where island is located) – this may affect CFC members entering and exiting the club grounds but is only anticipated for a period of a few months.
- NWL will provide details in due course
- A temporary diversion to the public right of way across the playing fields has been granted